Monster Trail Mix Granola Bars
Category Class Recipes
Measuring cups and spoons,
Square baking dish – 8x8 in.,
Bowl or cup,
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 cups quick oats
- ½ cup crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup trail mix
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine brown sugar, peanut butter, honey, and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring frequently.
- Bring sugar mixture just to a boil and then continue cooking, stirring constantly, for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in oats and crispy rice cereal until evenly coated. Let mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pick out a handful of M&M’s from the trail mix and set aside.
- Place parchment paper in the baking dish. Make sure the paper hangs over on either side so you can pull out the granola bars and cut them up with ease.
- Once mixture has cooled slightly, fold in trail mix and press into the prepared dish.
- Sprinkle M&M’s and chocolate chips over the top of the bars and use the bottom of a bowl or cup to press them into the bars.
- Cut into bars and serve.