Category Class Recipes
Safety knife, Kevlar gloves, Garlic press, Large pot, Colander, Measuring cups and spoons, Large skillet or wok, Spatula and Serving platter.
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup snow peas, halved on the diagonal
- 1 red bell pepper, match stick size pieces
- 4 scallions, sliced on the angle
- ½ lb mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 inches fresh ginger root, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. lo mein or spaghetti noodles
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- Cook noodles as directed on package. Drain water from noodles.
- Wash and prepare vegetables to be chopped. Using safety knife and Kevlar gloves, chop vegetables according to ingredient list instructions.
- With adult supervision only: Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. When pan is very hot, add 2 Tbsp. of vegetable oil. It will smoke a bit.
- Immediately add snow peas, red bell pepper, mushrooms, scallions, and bean sprouts. Stir fry 1 minute to flavor the oil.
- Add ginger and garlic. Continue to stir fry 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add cooked noodles and soy sauce. Toss ingredients to coat noodles evenly.
- Transfer to a serving platter and drizzle with toasted sesame oil.