Category Class Recipes
*Use canned asparagus if fresh is unavailable.
Equipment needed: Measuring cups and spoons, plate, whisk, fork, skillet – 12 in., tongs, saucepot – 8 qt., wooden spoon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cans (10¾ oz. ea.) condensed cream of
- mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 6 baby red potatoes
- 1 bag (8 oz.) baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh asparagus*, trimmed
- Stir the flour, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper on a plate. Dredge, or coat, the chicken with the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well-browned on all sides.
- Stir together the soup and water in an 8-quart saucepot. Add the potatoes, carrots, and onions and stir. Top with the asparagus and chicken. Cover and cook over low heat for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.