George Washington’s Cherry Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 sticks butter or margarine, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- Maraschino cherries (36)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the vanilla, butter, egg yolks, and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add the flour and salt and mix well.
- Roll the dough into 1" balls and place them on greased cookie sheets.
- Make a thumbprint in each ball and then place a maraschino cherry in each thumbprint.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
Equipment needed: Mixing bowl, Baking sheet, Measuring spoons and cups, Non-stick cooking spray.