Cooking Basics & Fundamentals
90 Minute Cooking Class
ages 6 & up
Online Course – $199 per child
Wednesdays, 2 pm to 3:30 pm
In-Person Class – $304 per child for 8 weeks
Thursdays, 10-11:30 am & 12-1:30 pm
An 8-week commitment is required.
Our culinary program offers hands-on cooking lessons for budding young chefs. We learn more than how to follow a recipe at Lil’ Chef School. We utilize math, science, teamwork, creativity, and more. Children learn cuisines of the world and enhance their experience with fruits, vegetables, herbs & spices while gaining confidence and experience in the kitchen that will last them a lifetime. Children will make 2 recipes each week and will get a tasting of the food they made at the end of class. Recipes are provided online.
Online: $199 per child (price includes recipes)
In-Person: $304 per child for 8 weeks (price includes all materials, recipes, and food tasting)
Charter Funds may be used from the following: Sky Mountain Charter School, iLead, Excel, Sage Oak, Springs, Pacific Coast Academy, Cabrillo Point Academy, Mission Vista Academy, Granite Mountain Charter, Shield, Compass Charter Schools, Summit Academy, Epic Charter, Peak Prep Academy, and Suncoast Preparatory Academy.
Check with your Charter School and ask if they are accepting PO requests for in-person classes!
Registering your child for this class is a two-step process. You can submit a purchase order for 2 monthly payments using Charter Funds from your child’s school. Also, click on the registration form here:
The above registration form can be filled out electronically by following these steps.
1. Download the form to your desktop
2. Type in your information and save
3. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: If you choose to register electronically, typing your name in the signature field will stand as your official signature on this registration form.
1. There are NO MAKEUP classes or REFUNDS/CREDITS for missed classes. Rather, a pre-recorded class link from Wednesday morning’s class will be provided to the customer.
2. Our classes are drop-off only- we find parents and younger siblings are a distraction to our young Chefs who are participating. If your child cannot sit and take directions then they may be too young for our class.
– The curriculum and recipe will be posted a week in advance so that the parent will have plenty of time to check their pantry, refrigerator and shop for the ingredients necessary to complete the recipes. Substitutions are welcome as cooking is edible art!
– Kiddos be in their kitchen alongside our chef in ours moving through each step of the recipes.
– This will have to include parent participation, depending on the age of the child (this is up to the parent’s discretion).
– Please join the class 15 minutes early so you have plenty of time to pull out your ingredients. Each recipe will include ingredients and a list of basic equipment needed.
– The class time may vary depending on the pace and the number of chefs joining the class.
– Please be considerate to mom and keep your kitchen clean and organized as we move through each recipe. We will show you how to clean as you go!
– Each recipe is intended for a specific amount of servings. You may adjust the recipe, dependent on the size of your family.
– Each class will be recorded for your child to watch and cook later just in case you miss or want to revisit the class!
Thank you, everyone and we look forward to cooking with you all!
Charter Funds can be used towards any other LCS Event
90 Minute Weekly Classes
In-Person Classes – Available Packages:
12 weeks: $432
8 weeks: $304
4 weeks: $160 (select month and call office to purchase)
5 class pack: $225 (for non-consecutive classes, but expires 90 days from purchase)
Online Courses – Available Packages:
12 weeks: $270
8 weeks: $220
4 weeks: $120 (select month and call office to purchase)
5 class pack: $164 (for non-consecutive classes, but expires 90 days from purchase – call office to purchase)
If you are interested in using Charter Funds to purchase any of these packages, visit this page for class times and contact our office to arrange payment for 4 Weeks in-person class, 4 Weeks online course, and 5 Class Pack online course.
Parents Night Out – $75 per child
This class is scheduled for the last Friday of every month from 5:30 pm to 9:00 pm. Kids will make their own dinner/dessert, play games, watch movies, and/or enjoy craft making. Check out scheduled events and click on the “Pay with Charter Funds” link to register.
Adult n Me – $59 per child
This class is for kids ages 3-5, who get to cook with their favorite adult. Check out scheduled events and click on the “Pay with Charter Funds” link to register.
2 Hour Workshops – $75 per child
These cooking classes are themed workshops for ages 5 & up and are held 1 to 2 times per month. Check out scheduled events and click on the “Pay with Charter Funds” link to register.
Family Fun Night
These 2-hour workshops are for the entire family ages 3 & up and are held 1 to 2 times per month. Check out scheduled events and click on the “Pay with Charter Funds” link to register.
See the event page for pricing.
One Day Mini-Camp – $125 per child
Our mini-camps are fun-filled workshops that concentrate on a theme and included instructions, materials, tasting, and recipes. Check out scheduled events and click on the “Pay with Charter Funds” link to register.
**There are NO make-up classes or refunds for events purchased with Charter Funds. Register online or call us! Prior registration is required for all of our events and a purchase order must be on file with our office before starting a class.