Author: Nagi @ RecipeTin Eats
- 14 oz artichoke hearts in brine, drained (or frozen, thawed)
- 8 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or 2 garlic cloves, minced)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream or yogurt (full fat recommended)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (or other cheese of choice)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 bread rolls
- 6 slices cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350F.
Roughly chop the artichokes.
Squeeze excess liquid out of spinach. Either use paper towels or a clean dishtowel, or my method is to use a colander and press liquid out using a wooden spoon.
Place cream cheese in a large heatproof bowl. Microwave in 2 x 30 second bursts or until softened. Mix until smooth.
Add remaining ingredients. Mix until just combined (don’t overmix vigorously, otherwise you’ll smush the artichokes and spinach).
Cut rolls in half. Place on a baking tray. Spread with dip - you may not use all of it, I use most. Top with cheese then place top of rolls back on.
Brush with butter, cover with foil, bake 20 minutes until golden and the cheese is melted.