You’re sure to gobble it up!
- 2 cups (about ¾ lb.) roasted turkey*, cubed
- 1 green or yellow pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 scallions, minced (optional)
- 1/3 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/3 to ½ cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 6 sandwich rolls**, sliced
Place the first 6 ingredients into a large bowl and toss. Stir in just enough mayonnaise to hold the salad together.
Hollow out a portion of the center of each roll. This keeps the turkey salad from spilling out of the sandwiches. Makes 4 ½ cups, enough for 6 sandwiches.
Equipment needed: Large bowl, Measuring cups, Knife, Grater, Peeler, Wooden spoon or rubber, spatula, Bread knife.
*Leftover turkey (skinned) can be used or a ¾ in. thick slice can be purchased from the deli at the grocery store.
**Wraps or pita pockets provide a tasty alternative to a sandwich roll.
This recipe calls for vegetables and fruit that are green, yellow, orange, and red. A variety of color in your fruits and vegetables guarantees lots of nutrition. Put this with a whole grain roll, wrap, or pita pocket and it’s an A+ recipe for healthy eating……..not to mention a great sandwich!