- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 slices precooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 pound precooked pork link sausage*, sliced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced (1/4-inch)
- 2 carrots, thickly sliced
- Fresh herb bundle of bay leaf and thyme, tied with kitchen twine
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 cups apple cider
In a skillet with 1 Tbsp. butter, soften onion and garlic over medium-low heat. Place in large pot. Add bacon, sausage, potatoes, and carrots.
Bury the bundle of fresh herbs in the middle of the mixture. Sprinkle with pepper and salt. Cover with cider. Cook covered, 1½ hours over medium-low heat; do not boil. Remove herb bundle. Makes 6, 1 cup servings.
*Any pre-cooked pork sausage in a casing will work. Some prefer the cocktail size sausages. Others use a kielbasa type of sausage, sliced. The test kitchen used polish kielbasa.
Equipment you will need: Measuring spoons, Knife, Large pot, Skillet and Kitchen twine.