- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. instant coffee crystals
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- Chocolate Glaze, Powdered Sugar Glaze (see recipes)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Generously coat the doughnut pan with cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, ¼ cup granulated sugar, coffee crystals, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture. In a medium bowl, combine egg, milk, and melted butter. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, all at once; stir just until smooth. Stir in chocolate pieces.
3. Spoon batter into a large zipper baggie; snip a hole in one corner of the bag. Pipe batter into the prepared pan, filling rings about half full.
4. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool in pan for 2 minutes. Invert doughnuts onto rack. (Cool pan and spray with nonstick cooking spray between batches.)
5. Glaze doughnuts with Chocolate Glaze and/or Powdered Sugar Glaze when they are completely cooled. Spoon or spread glaze on doughnuts, allowing excess to drip off. Top with sprinkles, if desired.
Measuring cups and spoons, nonstick cooking spray, 2 in. doughnut pan, bowls, wooden spoon, large plastic zipper baggie and wire racks.