- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from one 17.3-ounce package), thawed
- All-purpose flour, for surface
- 4 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup apricot fruit spread
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Unfold puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface, and sprinkle cheese over pastry. Refold pastry in thirds, then roll out to a 12 1/2-inch square. Cut dough into fifths (5 strips) in one direction, and then the other, to yield twenty-five 2 1/2-inch squares.
Stir together fruit spread, Dijon, and pepper to combine. Dollop a rounded 1/2 teaspoon of filling in center of each pastry square. Gather the 4 corners of each square up over filling. Pinch and twist the ends, then fold twisted end under, and firmly press to seal. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet, and freeze 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place pastries 1 inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake until golden brown and puffed, about 15 minutes.