Lunch or Dinner
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 4 pre-cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger root, minced
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1-6 ounce can water chestnuts, chopped and drained
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Hoisin (Chinese BBQ sauce)
- salt and pepper
- 12 sections of leaf-type lettuce, washed and dried
Heat skillet or wok over high heat. When pan is very hot, add oil. The pan will smoke a bit.
Add mushrooms and cook 2 minutes, stirring continuously. Add salt, pepper, garlic and ginger. Stir continuously, cooking 1 minute more.
Add orange zest, bell pepper, water chestnuts, scallions, and chicken. Cook 1 minute more and remove from heat. Add Hoisin sauce. Stir to coat mixture evenly.
Spoon ¼ cup mixture into lettuce leaf and eat “burrito” style.
Equipment needed: Measuring cups and spoons, Large skillet or wok, Knife, Food chopper, Garlic press, Grater.