Yam and Vegetable Curry
- 4 cups chopped yam
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 chillies, chopped (optional)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed (optional)
- 2 cups chopped vegetables (green beans, tomatoes, pumpkin)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Wash and peel the yam. Cut it into pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pot. Add sliced onion and chillies (optional) and cook until browned. Add curry powder and crushed garlic (optional) stirring all the time. Cook for one minute.
- Add yam pieces and vegetables, stirring well. Add 1 /2 cup of water. Cover. Cook slowly for about 15 minutes until the yam is soft. If the yam is still hard, then add 1 cup water and cook for a few more minutes.