Won Ton Soup
- 1 cup cooked beef crumbles
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12-16 wonton wrappers
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1½ cups bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- ½ tsp. sesame oil
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Arrange wontons on a flat surface. Spoon 2 tsp. of filling onto the center of each one.
- Moisten the noodle edges and pull up the corners of the wontons to create individual purses. Pinch the edges together to seal making sure there are no air pockets.
- Put a medium pot of water on the stove to boil.
- Combine remaining 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cover the pan and bring the broth to a low boil. Reduce the heat and simmer the mixture for 2-3 minutes, until the bok choy is tender, then turn off the heat.
- Add 1 tsp. of salt to the boiling pot of water in Step 4. Then use a slotted spoon to carefully drop in the wontons. Keep the water at a low boil for 6-7 minutes, until the filling is cooked. With the slotted spoon, carefully lift the wontons from the water and place several in each of 4 soup bowls.
- Quickly reheat the chicken broth and ladle some over the wontons in each bowl.