- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (4-ounce) cans chopped mild green chilis, with juice
- 1/2 cup tomatillo salsa
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans white beans, like cannellini, preferably low-sodium, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large saucepan over a medium-high flame. Add the chicken pieces and sauté for 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil and the onion to the pan, and sauté over medium heat until the onion is tender, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute more. Add the chilies, salsa, chicken broth, cumin, and oregano, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the chicken and beans, and cook for 5 minutes more. Stir in the lime juice, then season with salt to taste. Serve topped with cilantro, yogurt, and cheese.