Teddy Bear Biscuits
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 14 raisins
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the floor, baking powder, sugar, salt, and cream of tarter. Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs using a pastry blender or 2 table knives. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add milk all at once. Using a fork, stir until the mixture in combined.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough 4-6 times or just until dough holds together.
- Pat or lightly roll dough until 3/4 inch thick. Cut dough with floured 3 inch biscuit cutter. Re-roll scraps as necessary, dipping cutter into flour between cuts. You should have cut out 12 biscuits.
- For teddy bear biscuits, set aside 7 of the biscuits for the bears' heads. Cut each of the other 5 biscuits into 4 equal parts. Use 2 quarters to attach ears to each biscuit and 1 quarter to make a bear's muzzle on each biscuit. Add raisins for eyes.
- Place teddy bear biscuits 1 inch apart on an un-greased baking sheet. Bake for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown.