- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 10 Tbsp. salted butter, softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 oz. thin, short pretzel sticks
- 11.5 oz. milk chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Small red candies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and cocoa powder. Beat to form a smooth dough.
- Roll a tablespoon-sized ball of dough, and place it on a baking sheet. Arrange eight pretzel sticks around the ball like spokes on a wheel. Press the tips of the pretzel sticks firmly into the dough ball. Continue with the rest of the pretzels and dough.
- Bake until cookies start to brown around edges, about 7-10 minutes.
- Lift the cookies from the baking sheets with a spatula, and place on wire cooling racks. Let cool completely. Place the racks on sheets of aluminum foil or wax paper.
- In a double boiler (or the microwave), melt the chocolate chips with vegetable oil.
- Pour the melted chocolate over each cookie. Coat with chocolate sprinkles. Press in two red candy eyes on the front of the head. Eeeek!