Taco Corn Bread Casserole
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups corn chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican or cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning. Add tomatoes, water, rice and green chilies; heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare corn bread mix according to package directions; stir in corn. Pour half of the batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the meat mixture, all the sour cream, half of the corn chips and 1 cup cheese. Top with remaining batter, remaining meat mixture, olives and remaining corn chips.
- Bake, uncovered, 55-60 minutes or until cornbread is cooked through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. If desired, serve with lettuce and chopped tomatoes.