Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with 4 teaspoons water
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunks, drained with 1/2 cup reserved juice
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Season chicken strips and add to pan. Brown chicken and remove to plate.
- Add red and green peppers and cook for 1 minute. Stir in pineapple chunks, juice, sugar, vinegar and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer until sauce begins to reduce.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and bring liquid to a simmer. Stir in chicken strips and cook for 5 minutes. Serve over rice.