- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 12 strawberries
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- Ingredients (cont.)
- 2 oz. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 oz. balsamic vinaigrette dressing*
- Cracked pepper to taste
- For the glazed pecans: Place pecans, brown sugar, and water in a small pan stirring to combine. Heat through and set aside.
- For strawberry glaze: Slice strawberries into ¼ inch slices. Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, sugar, and water in a large bowl. Add the sliced strawberries and toss to coat. Set aside.
- For the salad: Chop the red leaf and romaine lettuce into 2 inch pieces. In a large bowl, toss lettuce, Parmesan cheese, balsamic vinaigrette dressing, and glazed pecans. Strain the strawberries from the glaze and place on top of the salad. Top with cracked pepper.
Easy Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing: Place in a screw-top jar: ½ cup olive oil, ½ cup balsamic vinegar, 1 clove crushed garlic, 1 tsp. ground mustard, 1 pinch of salt, ground pepper to taste. Shake to combine.
Equipment needed: Measuring cups and spoons, Small pan, Wooden spoon, Knife, Large bowl - 2, Whisk, Colander, Grater.