Spinach Artichoke Roll
- 2 packages King’s Hawaiian Savory Butter Rolls (1 per child)
- 5 ounces Spinach
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 13 ounce Can artichoke hearts, drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 eggs
- 4 teaspoons Lemon zest
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Place the spinach and water in a saucepot over medium heat. Cover and cook for 8 minutes, until the spinach is tender. Strain to remove all of the liquid. Chop artichoke hearts. Add the cooked spinach, cream cheese, ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, ¼ tsp. salt and onion powder. Stir until smooth. Transfer into a piping bag with a large circle tip.
- Place the butter on large rimmed cookie sheet. Place it in the oven to melt. Remove from oven. Beat the eggs in a bowl. In another bowl, mix together 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, 2 teaspoons salt and lemon zest. Dip a Savory Butter roll into the eggs. Then, dip it into the cheese mixture and coat on all sides.
- Place the roll on its side onto the buttered sheet pan. Continue with the remaining rolls. Be sure when you place them on the pan that the rolls don’t touch one another. Using your finger, poke a hole in each roll. Pipe the spinach artichoke filling into each hole. Top each roll with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Serve warm.