Spicy Cheese Sticks
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 stick (2 oz.) cold butter, cubed
- 3 oz. Kashkaval cheese, cubed (you can substitute Kashkaval with any other semi firm cheese such as Provolone, Sharp Cheddar, Mozzarella, etc.)
- 2 oz. Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (or 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper + 1/2 teaspoon paprika)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and mix until the ingredients have formed a ball of dough.
- Divide the dough into 10 and roll out each piece to an 8 inch stick. Place all ten sticks on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about a half hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush the sticks with a bit of water and evenly sprinkle on sea salt. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Chill to room temperature before eating.
- May be stored in an air-tight container (no need for refrigeration) for up to 3 days.