Sloppy Joe Sliders
- 1 large carrot
- 10 ounce lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 8 slider hamburger buns
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. While the pan is heating, grate carrot. Add carrot, beef, and onion to pan; cook 6 minutes or until beef is browned and vegetables are tender. Add garlic powder, chili powder, and pepper; cook 1 minute.
- Combine 1/4 cup ketchup and the next 5 ingredients (through tomato sauce) in a small bowl. Add ketchup mixture to pan, stirring to evenly coat beef mixture. Simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- While sauce thickens, arrange buns, cut side up, in a single layer on a baking sheet. Broil 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Place about 1/4 cup beef mixture on bottom half of each of 8 buns; top each slider with top half of bun.