Simple White Cupcakes
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line a 12-muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the liners.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.