Savory Bread Pudding
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 oz bacon, 1/4 inch, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp rosemary (dried)
- 4 cups french bread, 1/2 inch cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the butter over medium heat. Add the bacon, onion, and garlic; cook until lightly brown. Remove from pan and reserve.
- Combine the egg, cream, milk, stock, and rosemary; stir to incorporate thoroughly.
- Stir in the bacon and onion mixture.
- Add the bread to the mixture and let sit to absorb liquid.
- Grease the baking molds and add the bread pudding mixture. Cover with foil and bake for approximately 20 to 30 minutes or until the pudding is set.
- Cut into servings and serve hot.