Sautéed Chicken Breast Chardonnay
- 3 T Clarified Butter
- Chicken (4 Breasts)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 oz Shallot, minced
- 12 oz Mushrooms ¼ slices
- 4 oz Chardonnay
- 6 oz Chicken Stock
- 6 oz Heavy Cream
- 1 T Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Preheat a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the clarified butter and heat until it shimmers.
- While the pan and butter are heating, dry the chicken with paper towels, season with salt and pepper, dredge in flour, and shake off the excess.
- Place the chicken in the pan, presentation (skin) side down, and cook until golden-brown, 3 to 5 minutes; turn and evenly brown the other side, 3 to 5 more minutes.
- Remove to a baking pan and finish in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove excess fat from the sauté pan. Add the shallots, and mushrooms and sauté over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, until the mushrooms have released their liquid and they are tender. Do not brown the shallots.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine. Over medium heat, reduce the wine by half. Add the stock and reduce by half.
- Add the cream and reduce until the sauce coats the back of a spoon (nappe); Season with salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve, add the parsley to the sauce. If needed, heat the chicken breast through in the sauce over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes.