Sausage Mozzarella Stuffed Pizza Bread
From Tracey Doty's Kitchen
- 1 large pizza dough
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage OR 1/2 lb. of 2 (ground turkey, sausage or beef)
- 1 tsp salt & 1 tsp pepper
- 1 T Garlic
- 1/4 C Parmesan Cheese
- 2 C mozzarella Cheese
- 1 med. onion chopped
- 1/2 C spaghetti Sauce
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Flour the surface your working on and lay dough out with a rolling pin or hands to triple the size into an oblong shape.
- Drizzle olive oil to cover the dough. Place 1/3 the meat mixture, spreading from one end to the other and 1/2 C of cheese then roll and fold over 1 inch of the sides.
- Repeat process2 more times. Your pizza roll should be approx. 24 inches long. Can cover and bake next day. Bake 400 degrees in preheated oven for approx. 20 minutes or until dough is done. Some ovens may take longer. Baking instructions are very similar to pizza. Serve with extra marinara sauce for dipping. This is a meal in itself!! Add veggies, like bell peppers or mushrooms...super fun recipe!