Ronald Reagan’s Macaroni and Cheese
- 8 oz. macaroni
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. hot water
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cook macaroni in boiling water until tender; drain thoroughly and return to pot.
- Stir in butter and egg. Add cheese, reserving enough to sprinkle on top. Pour into prepared casserole.
- Mix mustard and salt with hot water and add to milk.
- Pour over macaroni; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until custard is set and top is crusty.
Equipment needed: Measuring spoons and cups, Large stock pot, Mixing bowl, Wooden spoon, 2 qt. casserole dish, Non-stick cooking spray.