Dinner or Side Dish
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lb. onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¾ lb. bell pepper
- 1 ½ lb. Roma tomatoes
- ¾ lb. eggplant
- ½ lb. zucchini
- 1 tsp. Herbes de Provence
- 1 can of tomato paste (6 oz.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop onion and garlic. Pour olive oil into large pot. Add onions and start to cook it slowly over medium heat. Add the garlic.
- Seed and cut the green peppers into small strips. Stir into pot.
- Chop the tomatoes into chunks. Add to the pot and stir in well.
- Add the Herbes de Provence and pepper. Stir. Add a small can of tomato paste, followed by a can of water. Your pot should be at a slow simmer. Adjust heat accordingly.
- Peel the eggplant. Cut the eggplant and zucchini into small chunks and add to the pot. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Cook Ratatouille for another 30- 45 minutes.
Equipment needed: measuring cups and spoons, knife, large cooking pot with thick bottom, wooden spoon.