You might've had fried chicken coated with corn flakes before, but how about with Fruity Pebbles?
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-3 cups of Fruity Pebbles
- 4 eggs (whisked)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 18-24 chicken tenders
- Oil for fryer
1. Preheat fryer oil to 350°F in a 6 quart pot so oil doesn't overflow while cooking.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour and spices. Mix well and set aside.
3. In a resealable bag, crush Fruity Pebbles. Be careful not to over crush cereal into a powder.
4. Set up your dredging station - flour in one medium dish, eggs in another medium dish, and crushed Fruity Pebbles in a third medium dish.
5. Begin dredging - dip chicken tender first into flour, then shake excess flour off. Next, dip chicken tender in the egg and allow excess to drip off. Finally, dip chicken tender into the Fruity Pebbles, using your hands to press the cereal onto the tender. Repeat with all chicken.
6. Fry in oil for 4 minutes, fully submerged. Let rest for 2 minutes, then enjoy!