Quinoa Salad with Squash and Collard Greens
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons for roasting
- 3 cups quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 bunch collard greens
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Peel the squash and cut it into 2 inch cubes. Arrange the cubes in a baking dish, toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt to taste, and cook for 30 minutes, or until the squash is browned on the edges and tender.
- Rinse the collard greens and cut them into 1/4″ ribbons.
- Combine the lemon juice, olive oil and whisk together well. Add a pinch or two of salt.
- In a large bowl, toss together the quinoa, squash, collard greens, dressing, lemon zest, paprika, salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, and serve.