- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 can (28 oz.) whole tomatoes, pureed in a food processor
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup black olives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- ½ tsp. oregano
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Sauté onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes in oil 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, olives, capers, and oregano.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat and simmer, with lid ajar, for about 20 minutes.
- Add parsley and remove from heat. Makes enough sauce for 1 pound of pasta.
Equipment needed: Measuring cups and spoons, Knife, Food processor, Large saucepan with lid.