Pumpkin Spice Whoopies
- 1cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 package 2-layer-size spice cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 recipe Marshmallow-Spice Filling
- ½ cup softened butter
- 18 ounce package softened cream cheese
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1- 27 ounce jar marshmallow cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Marshmallow-Spice Filling Ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl beat pumpkin and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add cake mix, eggs, and milk; beat on low speed until combined, and then on medium speed for 1 minute.
- By the heaping tablespoon, drop mounds of batter 3 inches apart on cookie sheet; keep remaining batter chilled. Bake 15 minutes or until set and lightly browned around edges. Carefully remove from parchment; cool on wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, lining cooled cookie sheets each time with new parchment or foil. Prepare Marshmallow-Spice Filling up to 2 hours before serving. Spread about 2-1/2 tablespoons filling on flat side of one cookie; top with a second cookie.
- Marshmallow-Spice Filling: Beat together butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar, marshmallow cream, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat until well combined.