- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes*
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- ½ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes, onions, celery, and salt in the 4 cups of water in a large pot. Simmer about 15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Using a hand-held blender, puree until chunky.
- Add half-and-half, butter, and cheese. Simmer until hot. Do not allow to boil.
*One pound of potatoes yields 2½ to 3 cups of cubed potatoes.
Equipment needed: Measuring cups and spoons, Large pot, Knife, Vegetable peeler, Hand-held blender, Grater.