- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 4 whole boneless chicken breasts, skin attached or chicken thighs
- Cut chicken breasts into two halves.
- Heat oil in small saucepan over medium high heat until very hot.
- While oil heats, mash cumin, salt, oregano, garlic and onion into a paste with a mortar and pestle. Place the paste in a heat-proof bowl.
- Whisk hot oil into the garlic paste. Allow to cool slightly then add lime and orange juice, stirring well to combine.
- Pour marinade into a large ziploc bag, add chicken breast halves. Shake or knead to spread marinade throughout chicken.
- Refrigerate at least four hours to overnight.
- Grill or sauté over medium heat, turning, until chicken reaches internal temperature of 180 degrees
- Place chicken on cutting board and let rest several minutes.
- Serve individually, or cut into bite sized pieces for making tacos or burritos.