- 1 head garlic, roasted
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 4, ¼ pound pre-cooked hamburger patties
- ½ cup prepared marinara sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 crusty rolls, such as ciabatta or Kaiser
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- To make the garlic butter: Squeeze the roasted garlic pulp into a bowl. Add the butter, parsley, and salt mixing well. Set aside.
- Preheat the griddle to medium. Cut each roll in half.
- Spread the cut sides of each roll with some of the garlic butter and place facedown on the griddle. Cook until buns are toasted.
- Heat the hamburgers through on the griddle. Top the hamburger with 1 Tbsp. of marinara sauce and 2 Tbsp. grated cheese. Cover and cook until the cheese melts, about 1-2 minutes.
- Slice rolls to be used as buns for the burgers. Place a burger in each roll and garnish with chopped basil. Serve with more marinara sauce if desired.
This recipe will make 16 mini-burgers. Cut each burger into quarters. Top with 1½ tsp. marinara, 1 Tbsp. cheese, and ¾ tsp. basil. Place on small dinner rolls.
Equipment needed: Measuring cups and spoons, Bowl, Griddle, Knife, Aluminum bowl or foil, Cheese grater.