Papa Burger A&W®
- 1/5 lb. ground chuck
- 1 large sesame seed bun
- ¼ cup chopped iceberg lettuce
- 2 hamburger pickle slices
- 1 slice American cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. Heinz hamburger relish (red relish), or similar product
- To make the Secret Sauce: Combine mayonnaise and hamburger relish in small bowl; set aside.
- To make burger: Form beef into a patty 5 inches in diameter and ¼ inch thick. Place on waxed paper and freeze for at least one hour.
- When ready to cook, preheat grill. Toast buns by placing face down on indoor grill and toasting for 60 seconds.
- Place frozen beef patties on grill and cook 3 minutes per side. Season patties on both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put burgers on heel of bun. Top with cheese, lettuce, and pickles. Spread Secret Sauce on crown of bun and assemble.
- Wrap each sandwich in a 12x12-inch square of foil and warm in a preheated 200°F oven for 2 to 3 minutes, just long enough to warm the buns. Serve hot.
Equipment Needed: Measuring cups and spoons Small bowl, Spoon, Waxed paper, Indoor electric grill Spatula, Knife, Foil.