- 4½ cups day-old Italian bread, torn into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup plus 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- 8 basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives, halved
- ¾ cup fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss bread with ¼ cup olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Lay bread on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until golden, about 5-10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- While the bread is in the oven, whisk together 3 Tbsp. of olive oil and the balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together the bread, tomatoes, onion, basil, olives, and mozzarella cheese. Toss with the vinaigrette and let stand for 20 minutes before serving.
Measuring cups & spoons Baking sheet, Knife, Large bowls - 2, Small bowl, Whisk