- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Orange chicken sauce (ingredients below)
- Toppings: thinly-sliced green onions, toasted sesame seeds, orange zest
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- zest of one orange
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté for about 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned and nearly cooked through.
- Pour in the orange chicken sauce, and stir to combine. Let the sauce come to a boil, then boil for an additional minute or two until thickened. Remove from heat and serve immediately over rice. Garnish with green onions, sesame seeds and additional orange zest.
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined. If you would like the sauce to be even sweeter, add an extra 2-4 tablespoons of honey.
TO MAKE THE ORANGE CHICKEN SAUCE: