- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- 1 carton (32 oz) beef broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles
- 1/2cup water
- 1 package (1 oz) taco seasoning mix
- 12 oz uncooked spaghetti (from 16-oz box), broken in half
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz)
- 2-3 green onions chopped
- cilantro chopped
- sour cream as needed
In 5-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Stir in broth, tomatoes, chiles, water and taco seasoning mix.
Add spaghetti; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to simmering; cook uncovered 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until pasta is tender. Top with cheese.
**Don’t forget to stir the spaghetti a few times during cooking to prevent sticking.