Great recipe to use for Chicken or shrimp…add your favorite veggies
- 8 cups (2 quarts) low sodium beef broth
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced into rounds
- 4 scallions, whites separated from green tops
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1-inch ginger, grated (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha (or to taste)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 pounds top sirloin, very thinly sliced beef
- 2 baby bok choy, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pounds broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced thin
- 4 packets instant ramen noodles (discard flavor packets)
- 2 hard boiled eggs, halved (optional)
1. To a large pot add the beef broth. Thinly slice the carrots into rounds, and separate the whites of the scallions from their green tops. Chop the white part of the scallions into 1-inch chunks. Reserve the green tops for garnish. Add the sliced carrots and white scallion to the broth. Slice garlic very thin, and grate ginger; add both to the broth. Add the tamari, fish sauce, agave and Sriracha (optional) to the pot. Bring the liquid up to a simmer, and lower the heat and simmer the broth for 10 minutes.
2. Add the lime juice, thinly sliced beef, chopped bok choy, broccoli, mushrooms, and instant ramen noodles to the pot. Simmer gently for 4-5 more minutes. Turn off the heat, cover the pot with a lid, and let the soup rest for 5 minutes.
3. Thinly slice the green tops of the scallion. Serve the ramen ladled into bowls, topped with scallion and half of a hard boiled egg per bowl (optional).