- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 C Rice
- 2 C white wine, chicken broth or water
- I head of broccoli or cauliflower torn into small trees or 1 Cup of frozen peas
- Chopped parsley for garnishment
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Heat olive oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Pat chicken dry and season on both sides with salt and pepper. Once oil is hot, brown the chicken for 4 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan to a plate.
3. Add onion and garlic to the pan and sauté until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle in smoked paprika and stir to toast. Add rice and sauté for 1 minute, then stir in the wine and scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Add tomatoes and chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
4. Nestle chicken into the rice and pour in any drippings left over on the plate & add small cauliflower or broccoli trees if using. Cover with lid and place in the oven for 40 minutes. Remove lid, sprinkle in peas, and continue baking for 5 more minutes, until all the liquid is absorbed.
5. Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.