- Diced 1 pound spicy Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups Kale
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add Italian sausage to the skillet and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks; drain excess fat and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in sausage and Kale until Kale begins to wilt, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream until heated through, about 1 minute; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately