Olive Garden Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder (start with 1 and taste)
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese or 2⁄3 cup romano cheese
- In a medium to large saucepan melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the cream cheese and whisk to smooth and melted.
- Whisk in the heavy cream.
- Season with the garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a good simmer and whisk frequently until sauce thickens, around 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.