North Idaho Supper Soup
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 can (16 oz.) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped carrot
- ½ cup chopped cabbage
- ¼ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ cup small macaroni
- Rinse chicken and chop. Combine chicken, undrained tomatoes, water, celery, onion, carrot, cabbage, green pepper, bouillon cube, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a 4-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add macaroni and mix well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle into soup bowls.