- 2 TBSP Milk
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dry yeast
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cup Yogurt
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 Egg yolk
- 2 TBSP Ghee
- Combine the milk and sugar; stir to dissolve. Sprinkle yeast over and let stand until the yeast begins to froth, about 10 minutes.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another container, mix together the yogurt, milk, egg yolk, and ghee.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and add the liquid mixtures; work to form dough.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic, 15 minutes.
- Shape into a ball, cover, and let stand in warm area 1 hour.
- Set a heavy baking tray (sheet pan) on the bottom rack of a preheated 500°F oven. Preheat broiler.
- Divide dough into 6 equal pieces and shape into balls. Flatten a piece of dough with your palm, dust with flour, and roll the dough from the center outward into a tear-shaped naan, about 8 inches (19.2 cm) long and 4 inches (9.6 cm) at its widest.
- Remove the hot baking tray from the oven and slap the naan on to it. Immediately return the tray to the oven for 3 minutes; the naan should puff up.
- Place the baking tray and naan under the broiler, about 3 to 4 inches away from the heat, for about 30 seconds or until the top of the naan browns slightly.
- Wrap naan and serve hot.