Lunch / Dinner
- BBQ Sauce:
- 2/3 cup catsup
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 4 tsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. dark brown sugar, packed
- 1½ tsp. dry mustard
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground red pepper
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 1 recipe of Homemade Pizza Dough
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 lb. shredded barbecue pork or chicken
- 2 cups shredded Fontina cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat indoor electric grill. Divide pizza dough into 8 portions and shape. Lightly oil grill. Cook each crust for 2-3 minutes. Watch carefully so that it does not burn.
- Prepare sauce by combining the ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and let simmer, stirring frequently, until flavors are blended, about 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread BBQ Sauce on each pizza crust, leaving a 1 in. border. Arrange peppers, onion, meat, and cheeses evenly over the sauce.
- Place pizzas on baking sheet. Bake about 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven.*
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
Here are some easy summertime options for this recipe: Use your favorite bottled BBQ sauce; use 2 thin Boboli® crusts (10 oz. ea.) or even tortillas brushed with garlic butter instead of Homemade Pizza Dough; vary the vegetables and cheeses used as toppings. *If cooking on an outdoor grill, lower the cover and cook over high heat for 5-10 minutes. If grill does not have a cover, use a foil pan to cover the pizzas.
Equipment needed: Measuring cups and spoons, Indoor electric grill, Bowl, Spoon, Small saucepan, Knife, Baking sheet