From the kitchen of Tracey Doty
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 6 C chicken stock
- 1 1/2 C frozen vegetable medley
- 1/2 C small pasta
- 1/4 C pesto
- 3/4 C chopped yellow onion
- 3 C spinach
- 141/2 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 C cauliflower
- 3/4 C cannellini beans
- salt N pepper to taste
- Boil the pasta according to the package...DO NOT overcook!! Slightly undercook (al dente) because the pasta will continue cooking in the soup and absorb the stock.
- Sauté garlic and onions first till the onion is translucent on medium heat, then add the remaining vegetables. Do this in a stock pan so that you don't dirty another pan...! Add the chicken stock bring to a boil along with the can of diced tomatoes. Reduce heat to simmer, add the beans and pasta, salt n pepper and pesto, then cover for an hour so that all flavors can marry!!