- ½ cup onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1-16oz. can tomato sauce
- 4 oz. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until browned.
- Place onions and garlic in a saucepan. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste rosemary, basil, and oregano.
- Stir and heat over low-medium heat. Allow sauce to bubble then reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes until sauce slightly thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.