Maple Breakfast Sausage
- 2 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon anise seed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mix pork, maple syrup, sage, salt, fennel seed, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, and anise seed in a large bowl until evenly blended. Shape pork into small patties.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; fry patties in batches until pork is browned and no longer pink in the center, 4 to 5 minutes per side.