- 2 large Golden Delicious apples, peeled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 cups French bread cubes (¾-inch pieces)
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Maple Roll Sausage, cooked, crumbled, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Toss apples with sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Beat eggs, milk and vanilla in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add bread cubes, sausage, apple mixture and 1-½ cups cheese; stir gently until evenly coated.
- Spoon into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish; top with remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into 12 squares to serve.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.
To make ahead, assemble casserole as directed. Refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, uncover and bake 50-55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.